Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 59,932,379
  • Today: 11,891
Server InfoServer Info
  • May 25, 2017
  • 06:48 pm CDT

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SiliconSorcerer wrote:
6010rocks wrote:
ramline makes 50 round mags for alot less than the tear drop guys at least they did 4 yrs ago not as cool looking but its an option

You mean JamLine? Surprised

for a magazine which i only use for fun ill save 20 bucks and deal with a jam now and then

my gun likes them

as long as you are familiar with the mag are there any places where you can get the old speed loader not the new one with the crank? the old one that you just push a spring? i miss the old speed loader

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides
Bill_Akins

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

melensdad wrote:
Hi Bill, I've been following your thread over on the INGO (Indiana Gun Owners) forums, nice to see you posting up here too.

I really love the idea as a simple fun way to add more play time to a 10/22 rifle. After the garden is harvested there is no reason for me to have a scoped 10/22 because I don't need it for critter control anymore . . . seems to me that pulling the scope, removing the stock and sliding it into your 'ma duce' stock assembly would make for some fun shooting at the backyard range. . . then when the garden is planted again next spring, reverse the process by removing it from your contraption, slipping on Ruger's finest birch slab Rolling Eyes topping it with the scope again and the 10/22 is a critter control unit again.

Hi Melensdad. Glad you liked it. Good thinking. You grasped it exactly. That is exactly what you could do. Switch the 10/22 back and forth between stocks at your whim.

Bill_Akins

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

6010rocks wrote:
ramline makes 50 round mags for alot less than the tear drop guys at least they did 4 yrs ago not as cool looking but its an option

Yes I had and still have (for spare parts) a 50 rd ramline mag. The feedlips chipped and cracked and the sides of the mag housing came loose. Great idea, but needs to be made out of a stronger material for the main housing, and needs to have steel feed lips.

Last edited by Bill_Akins on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Bill_Akins

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

6010rocks wrote:

as long as you are familiar with the mag are there any places where you can get the old speed loader not the new one with the crank? the old one that you just push a spring? i miss the old speed loader

I don't know. Haven't seen that one in a while. Mine is the speedloader with the crank.

Bill_Akins

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's been a while since I last posted about my crank fire creations, so here's an update on my latest 3rd prototype that is convertible between being water cooled or air cooled in under a minute and showing it firing at the range. I used to use Webshots to upload my photos and videos to. But when they closed down, all the pictures and videos I had linked to there in my online posts, disappeared. I still have my pics and videos on my computer and saved to disks, but they disappeared in all my online posts since they were all linked to Webshots. Now I use Photobucket as well as YouTube.

Here's a video I just finished creating showing the evolution of my crank fire dress up kit prototypes versions 1 through 3. The first one is air cooled only. The second one is (truly) water cooled only. But my third prototype is convertible in under a minute to be either air cooled or (truly) water cooled (no fake water jackets here). I learned a lot making the first two, and my 3rd prototype incorporates new design changes that I learned from making the earlier ones. In my video you will see my latest 3rd prototype firing at the range using the new GSG 110 rd drum mag and it's really spitting out the rounds. Hope you enjoy it. Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSJi6rvNwIs&feature=youtu.be

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic