Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 62,964,356
  • Today: 399
Server InfoServer Info
  • Dec 18, 2017
  • 01:01 am CST

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
reeln

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so jun 1st i was driving through a small town in illinois.. i was pulled over the officer accused me of being drunk. impounded my vehicle and my ccl.. after i took the breathalizer at the station and proved i was not intoxicated i was released... he however kept my ccw an ar pistol claiming he was unsure of its status... 2 weeks later i get a letter saying its seized and a warrant is issued for me for possessing a loaded handgun i have current illinois and florida ccw permits... i am an illinois resident also.. somehow he is trying to say the pistol is anything but a pistol revolver or handgun.... has there been a rash of these incidents? heck the same thing is made and sold in illinois by rock river arms http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=231

it was out of sight in a back floorboard covered up... thoughts? i know he was just wanting a bust its a small town and 2 other officers from neighboring townships showed up as he pulled me over i had a nice vehicle in a lower income area and was targeted.. i was clean. now ive had to pay the impound and tow fees totaling 328.00 plus for an attorney over this bogus charge as well as a bond... if anyone can help please pm me.. and as my attorney said they charged me on the characteristics of the firearm. which to me says they count all ar's as rifles be it pistol or not same would go for the ak and ptr81 pistols...
reeln

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hearing was pushed because the witness was unavailable.
JTHunter
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

reeln - you might have your lawyer check with the feds at BATFE as to what THEY classify your gun as and not allow the locals to decide that.

That being said, it is unfortunate that this site has lost so much traffic that you are unlikely to get much more info. You might do better by going to ILLINOISCARRY.COM as they have a great deal more traffic and contacts.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well its a pistol the same model is made and sold in the state by rock river arms... its a small town cop who wanted a bust and i was clean... he tried to give me a dui i was sober... he even towed my vehicle he attempted to go after my prescription pain meds asking many questions about them and my schedule on taking them... he was just fishing and was pissed that he had nothing.. they pushed the court date to the end of this month because he was not available... and thank you i will check it out.
junglebob
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd suggest as JTHunter did that you go to Illinoiscarry.com and get on the forum about this if you haven't already.

I'd suggest you send a PM to Tvandermyde there, he is the NRA lobbyist for Illinois and gets involved in the kind of thing that happened to you.

What town was this in I'd like to add it to my "places to avoid" list?

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Killeen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic