Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 41,940,947
  • Today: 18,123
Server InfoServer Info
  • Apr 18, 2014
  • 12:31 am CDT

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JordanClark
Private
Private

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I googled and found that site, yeah, there's like three posts pertaining to this topic...
sksAL
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

didnt think id see this in my lifetime, outstanding news!!!! Very Happy
DownhomeCharley
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hopefully, this will lead to the other unconstitutional Illinois gun laws being abolished/overturned!!!! I've been living under a microscope for 13 months because I am a "suspected" firearm owner living in public housing.
Yurko
Gold
Member<br /><b>Gold</b>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's about time!

Congrats - now on to ccw....

That'll take another 20 years Wink

enickma
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know I left long ago, but I heard the good news today and wanted to stop in to congratulate and thank everyone. You've worked hard for this for a long time, and its great to see a favorable conclusion to this fight for our rights.
KB9AMM
Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats to everyone. Merry Christmas!! Lets hope & pray that the state acts appropriately and doesn't try to put some impossible protocols in place to attain the necessary permit. Good luck!
churchmouse
Private
Private

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i love it
any thing that makes Tiny Dancer and the Q-ball squirm
i think it's great that everyone involved and the NRA finally made some progress
i also loved how the NRA is holding Mayor TuTu's feet to the fire about no special laws for chicago
Lisa Madigan is speechless for once
you can feel the squirming and scheming going on as i type
hopefully now the average joe/joan blow slob can defend themselves if need be
even now the criminal element will be a little shaky about the old polish woman with the blue hair and grocery bag filled with kielbasa might be packing a .357
makeing them think twice:)
JTHunter
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As I understand it, if Illinois does NOT get something on the books by Sunday, June 9, 2013, the judge's injunction takes effect, barring enforcement of the existing laws. This would essentially give us "Constitutional carry" and we all know they will never let this happen.
One poster in another forum suggested that Illinois would try some kind of "restriction" tactic such as barring carry within "XX" feet of anyplace that serves alcohol, including private residences.
With any luck, the SCOTUS will decline to hear the case, letting the Appellate Court's decision stand unaltered. Too long a delay MAY allow Dumbo to alter the make up of the SC. NOT GOOD!

Keep your fingers crossed!

Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JTHunter wrote:

One poster in another forum suggested that Illinois would try some kind of "restriction" tactic such as barring carry within "XX" feet of anyplace that serves alcohol, including private residences.
!

They cannot just make up random rules.......

Quote:
a new gun law that will impose reasonable limitations, consistent with the public safety and the Second Amendment

House Bill 148 had a lot of limitations and they were strongly advised to let it pass or the next time it would be a different story.

It is now the next time.

Let's see what happens.
VannDaddy
Private
Private

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe now the question is does the may issue crowd have enough vote to pass a bill without the shall issue crowd's help? Quinn, Rahm, and the Madigans will now push for may issue, and the hard core CCWers like Phelps will push for shall issue, but if nothing makes it to Quinn's desk by June 9 the we will get Constitution Carry. We all know there was enough votes for 148 to make it to Quinn's desk, but he would have vetoed, now may be a different story. But will 148 get another shot or will there be enough votes rammed through for what ever may issue turd Madigan poops out on the house floor? Of all of the yeas from the 148 vote, how many were for shall issue only as opposed to CCW in general?
junglebob
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

VannDaddy wrote:
I believe now the question is does the may issue crowd have enough vote to pass a bill without the shall issue crowd's help? Quinn, Rahm, and the Madigans will now push for may issue, and the hard core CCWers like Phelps will push for shall issue, but if nothing makes it to Quinn's desk by June 9 the we will get Constitution Carry. We all know there was enough votes for 148 to make it to Quinn's desk, but he would have vetoed, now may be a different story. But will 148 get another shot or will there be enough votes rammed through for what ever may issue turd Madigan poops out on the house floor? Of all of the yeas from the 148 vote, how

many were for shall issue only as opposed to CCW in general?

We need to contact our state reps and state senators (that isn't Durbin
and Kirk, they are U.S. Senators) if there is any doubt that they will only support a shall issue bill with preemption. If the other side comes up with some may issue bill we need to tell them to vote no, because we as second amendment supporting gun owners do not want it.

I wonder with the 7th Circuit Federal Court saying Unlawful Use of Weapons law is unconstitutional what would happen to a law abiding citizen with a FOID card stopped in Illinois while carrying a loaded handgun? Would the charge be disorderly conduct? An unconstitutional law should be void. Isn't that correct.

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Killeen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we
MadJohn
Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you really think for one minute that the firm of Madigan, Quinn & Madigan with the support of the Chicago Mob is going to let this happen? It already appears that Rahm and Co. is out to dictate qand outright ban on anything we may want to carry.
On the other hand, I don't put anything past the Libtards in charge. It may be safe to assume that they will follow the Seventh Court of Appeals 180 day order. One way to comply with the order is to pass the carry option but make it all but impossible to obtain. One way is to make qualification parameters so difficult that few would fit the criteria. Such as... A need to carry, business owner, bank courier, carry large sums of money, etc. The other way is to make the isue so expensive and demanding that again very few will be able meet the criteria. Such as annual License fees in the hundreds of dollars per year. The cost of initial qualifications and application priced out of reach except to the very wealthy. Mandatory Liability insurance covering the carrier of a weapon or requirement of posting a cash bond. This state is so money hungry and so anti-gun there is no telling what they will come up with. I am prepared for another People's Republic Let-Down. I am looking to vacate this state as soon as I get my ducks in a row.
SiliconSorcerer
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't believe out of Chicago crowd is going to accept anything onerous and in fact what they proposed in the last house bill isn't bad. They simply don't have to accept it and in 5 more months we have concealed carry with no restrictions or requirements other then a foid card.

IllionoisCarry is having this oh don't discuss it we don't want to "arm" our enemies with our ideas but I don't buy that line of crap.
JTHunter
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MadJohn - Nice A4. I'm not sure what the rifle with the box magazine at the bottom is however. Is it a .30 carbine?

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic