Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 62,587,229
  • Today: 5,667
Server InfoServer Info
  • Nov 19, 2017
  • 12:08 pm CST

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MadJohn
Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Illiniois has finally been pushed into CCW permition. How this whol thing is going to shake out for us common folk is still an enigma. Sometime next year there is supposed to a plan in action to bestow this privledge on select members of Illinois citizenry. For some, that represents absolutely no problem. With proper connections (this is Illinois) or friends in the instructor community / law enforcement a permit will be granted in a somewhat timely manner.
For the rest of us that has been so patiently waiting, this may be a whole different story. I expect the typical song and dance (the foot-dragging tango) and what should be approximately ninety days will end up much like the FOID debacle.
My particular profession entails that I be in possession of irreplaceable and extremely expensive items belonging to the public trust (taxpayers). Many times I have to transport one of these items from location A to my shop for study. Over the years I have been wishing for the trust to be able to defend myself and public property. Not in Illinois!
So here we are, finally with some kind of legislation that has peomise. Yup, just a promise. I am now 62 years old and have been waiting for this for almost forty years. You think I will see it before I am 70? Or... better luck next lifetime?
JTHunter
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good question. Question

Considering how long the fight for CCW has gone on, the continued foot-dragging, the "holier-than-thou" bureaucracy we are saddled with (as well as their costs!), the garbage of this bill they DID pass, then "NO", I don't think you will benefit from this law in any kind of timely fashion. Confused

I'm only a few years younger than you and, if it weren't for an elderly mother that patently refuses to downsize her home, I would have moved out west over a dozen years ago. Utah, Wyoming, possibly even Idaho or Montana, Northern Arizona, and now Arkansas, all have benefits over Illinois. Wink

Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JT, This is just another dissappointment of having to live in The People's Republic. I can see that if you are close to a State qualified instructor or have an "in" with an issuing authority you may have a fast track to the permit. I have encountered so many "rah-rah" types that get all excited by the fact that it passed, they cant smell the coffee for the sh*& in their noses. The initial rush will be incredible and I see the system getting bogged down. Not enough initially qualified instructors to handle any kind of push. Not to mention range affiliations. I am a licensed gunsmith and have been working with firearms since the late 60's. Considerable weapons experience in the military (12 years) including international competition. I instructed for a term at the Armed Forces Staff College in Virginia. Let alone the forty plus years of care and repair experience. I have been told that none of this gives me any consideration for a CCW permit. At my age I am pretty tired of this class rhetoric so I will continue to press my luck with being made into a criminal till such time as a permit filters down to us common folk.
junglebob
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MadJohn wrote:
JT, This is just another dissappointment of having to live in The People's Republic. I can see that if you are close to a State qualified instructor or have an "in" with an issuing authority you may have a fast track to the permit. I have encountered so many "rah-rah" types that get all excited by the fact that it passed, they cant smell the coffee for the sh*& in their noses. The initial rush will be incredible and I see the system getting bogged down. Not enough initially qualified instructors to handle any kind of push. Not to mention range affiliations. I am a licensed gunsmith and have been working with firearms since the late 60's. Considerable weapons experience in the military (12 years) including international competition. I instructed for a term at the Armed Forces Staff College in Virginia. Let alone the forty plus years of care and repair experience. I have been told that none of this gives me any consideration for a CCW permit. At my age I am pretty tired of this class rhetoric so I will continue to press my luck with being made into a criminal till such time as a permit filters down to us common folk.

I wonder how hard they will make it to get certified as an instructor? If you just had the qualifications to teach the NRA basic pistol and maybe had to take a test on Illinois firearms law, maybe you could get certified and not have to wait in line to take the course from someone else.

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Killeen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we
JTHunter
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting thought JB!

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic