Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 62,588,604
  • Today: 7,042
Server InfoServer Info
  • Nov 19, 2017
  • 01:39 pm CST

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KB9AMM
Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

With the recent passing of the Concealed Carry for Illinois, it seems to me that the primary reason for this site has been fulfilled. Over the past 2 years the number of participants has dwindled and we may have no further need for this gathering. I'm sure, that this site, along with others, have made major contributions to the outcome that we are seeing. It may not be exactly what we were hoping for, but we have a good foundation to build on. I'm proud to have been a part of this brotherhood, and although I may have disagreed with a few over the years, but, we at least have had place to meet, discuss & share our thoughts, ideas & along with rants & raves. It has been a pleasure to have been a part of this group, and I wish everyone well, and good luck with future endeavors. I will still check the site as I normally have done over that past few years. But, I expect, one day in the future, I may try to bring up the site, and it will be no more. Good luck to all! Enjoy & carry on!

JTHunter
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Considering that many of us would agree that the recently passed legislation is not very good (alright, it's a P.o.S.!) and the continued assault on our rights (cities passing bans, dragging their feet, etc.), NO, I do NOT believe the work of this site and it's members is finished. I'm not sure it ever will be with the way many people and groups seem to "gang up" on gun owners and pro-2A people.

This site (and others) do us the service of disseminating information both for and against gun owners and pro-2A people and should remain as long as is feasible.

Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I concur JT! our work has just begun. I hope the group and site stay around!

"A Republic ma'am, if you can keep it."
-- Dr. Ben Franklin
Getzapped
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am surprised this site has been active for the last 2-3 years!! There has been nothing productive from this site for several years. Everyone has been going it illinoiscarry and supporting an organization that is actually involved with concealed carry and firearm owners best interests!
SiliconSorcerer
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes other then "peddling" training which there is no clue would even be considered as part of the required for getting your permit, not much going on.
junglebob
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think so, when SAK the guy who started the site doesn't frequent it how long will it last.

I spend most of my time at Illinoiscarry.com forum. Todd Vandermyde the NRA lobbyist is a forum member and he posts information on what is happening with the implementing of carry.

Its kind of sad considering that Icarry had a lot of people coming to the forum for a while. I was on the carryconcealed forum for a while the guy who started it had some big plans then just let it die, it is no more.

There are more posts in a day on Illinoiscarry than there are here in months and months.

What ever happened to the gun owners legal fund?

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Killeen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we
DownhomeCharley
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I certainly hope not!!! I may not be in Illinois any more but I do like to drop in and see what's going on. I don't like seeing any state lose constitutional rights! Illinois seriously needs to lose Quinn though....,before he turns that state into a barren wasteland!!!!!
God Bless all you fine folks and NEVER, EVER, let your guard down!!!!!
6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

junglebob wrote:
I think so, when SAK the guy who started the site doesn't frequent it how long will it last.

I spend most of my time at Illinoiscarry.com forum. Todd Vandermyde the NRA lobbyist is a forum member and he posts information on what is happening with the implementing of carry.

Its kind of sad considering that Icarry had a lot of people coming to the forum for a while. I was on the carryconcealed forum for a while the guy who started it had some big plans then just let it die, it is no more.

There are more posts in a day on Illinoiscarry than there are here in months and months.

What ever happened to the gun owners legal fund?

it's been a long time sence i checked in. and it looks like a long time sence tyler hooker has been here too.

I also am disapointed especiall in in the gun owners fellowship aka legal fund. but if im ever forced to .... I guess the $100 will be the least of my worries

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides
6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gun owners fellowship used to be a link on this sight now I see now link after extensive searching

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides
panzermk2
Private
Private

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cool.

www.fivesevenforum.com

"...an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan." -- Gen. George S. Patton

[CENTER][img]http://i39.p
junglebob
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

6010rocks, Sorry I missed your post. I haven't been back here for a few weeks I guess.

I had an interesting discussion on the defensivecarry.com forum about our carry law.

It started with a post by someone saying they are reconsidering getting an Illinois FCCL because there are so many no carry zones.

He said that 90% of the places he goes to are no carry zones. I said I thought that 90% of the places I go to I would be able to carry or they are places like post office and federal building that you can't carry in anywhere in the U.S. A fellow from Texas responded that Texas law was similar to Illinois $140 fee for 4 years, training class that cost him $150, no open carry allowed. A number of places you can't carry, which includes churches, which we don't have. Duty to inform if you are a LTC holder.

He said that in Texas you can no longer get arrested for printing or accidental exposure of your gun, only brandishing.

There has been an awful lot of posts to the Illinoiscarry.com forum lately. I wish things here would pick up. I'll have to check back more often myself.

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Killeen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we
panzermk2
Private
Private

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I check daily but should post more.

One thing, the forum really needs to loose the stupid "Type Security Code " BS. This is the only forum that uses it and it's very annoying when you want to just check for new posts.

www.fivesevenforum.com

"...an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan." -- Gen. George S. Patton

junglebob
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

panzermk2 wrote:
I check daily but should post more.

One thing, the forum really needs to loose the stupid "Type Security Code " BS. This is the only forum that uses it and it's very annoying when you want to just check for new posts.

I agree with you, very annoying

Panzermk2, Have you submitted your application for the Illinois FCCL? I'm assuming you are from Illinois. BTW if you are checking here daily I'll try to do the same. Maybe we can get a post done every day and keep this forum alive.

My Utah LTC is coming up for renewal on April 3, sending in the $15 renewal for another 5 years, wondering which I'll get first Utah or Illinois?

panzermk2
Private
Private

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No and don't care too anytime soon. I just fanny pac.

There is an insane rush to fleece, I mean provide certified training, and it's BS I just don't choose to participate in.

If they make the process more sensible maybe but then again this is IL and I refuse to accept their regulation of my Right.

www.fivesevenforum.com

junglebob
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My pastor has been fanny packing for a while now. He said that there were so many restricted places in the carry law that he thought he'd just continue fanny packing and not get the FCCL, especially with the cost involved.

I got into an interesting discussion on another forum about the carry law and someone from Illinois who said that 90 percent of the places he'd go to he couldn't carry in so why the FCCL. I said that I thought that 90% of the places I go to I could, not the post office, or federal building but those are federal CPZs anyway.

In the discussion of CPZs a guy from Texas replied that the list of CPZs wasn't that much different from Texas. Texas has churches as CPZs but omits a few others Illinois has. Training in Texas cost him $150 and the license is $140 gut only for 4 years. When I mentioned this my pastor indicated he'd prefer not to get the FCCL and stay "under the radar".

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic