Site Info v2.2.2
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 45,866,663
  • Today: 9,723
Server InfoServer Info
  • Dec 22, 2014
  • 09:34 am CST

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I mailed my app in 2nd week of november, my check was cashed on december 5th

what is the current processing time anybody know?

my old card is still current but this is BS way past 30 days it's almost pushing 60

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides
OIFMarine
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I called and happened to catch some high up just as she was going into a meeting. Put me on the phone with the guy in charge of Foids. Got mine in the mail 3 days later. They muat have mailed it that day. Here's the number i called it's not the Foid guy, but I'm sure they can transfere you. (217) 782-7263 When I called it was at like 45 days and I was sure to mention that by state law it is supposed to be taken care of in 30. Hope it helps. Good luck
junglebob
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

6010rocks wrote:
I mailed my app in 2nd week of november, my check was cashed on december 5th

what is the current processing time anybody know?

my old card is still current but this is BS way past 30 days it's almost pushing 60

Your check was cashed December 5th. The ISP is now in violation of Illinois state law for not issuing or denying you application for a FOID card. Immediately contact your state representative or State Senator (not U.S. senator) about their violation of state law. I'd contact both. When they are contacted by them the ISP will magically say your FOID card is in the mail! If you don't know your rep or senator google Illinois General Assembly and go to their website, you can find out there.

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Killeen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we
SiliconSorcerer
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want you FOID application at the top of the pile you should sent it registered mail.
jpryor
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Doesn't matter what the backlog is. The state law states the ISP must approve or deny any FOID application within 30 days of receipt.

I had the same problem with my wife's FOID. I called the FOID phone number on the ISP website, and waited on hold...TWICE...for 90 minutes. At the end of the 90 mins the line disconnects automatically.

I got fed up and email my state reps. I also called the phone number listed for the Director of the ISP. I immediately got his assistant and was on the line with a live person in the FOID office in 5 minutes.

SiliconSorcerer
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's true but it provides very clear documentation on compliance and they know it.
6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I also have a bank statment older than 30 days stating they cashed my check. I don't see how a certified letter would have helped

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides
SiliconSorcerer
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

6010rocks wrote:
I also have a bank statment older than 30 days stating they cashed my check. I don't see how a certified letter would have helped

It helps if you really want it on time, if you just want to prove they didn't you have that. Everyone I know that sends it registered gets it in time.
get_on_target
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When it was time to renew my FOID, I sent my app , along with my payment, Return Receipt Requested.

I received my copy of the RRR in about a week and half and my FOID in about 3 weeks.

I think that with an RRR or a FOID sent via certified mail let's the ISP know you are keeping track of the time it takes them to process your app, new or renewal so they work on it, quickly.

Just my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I mailed my renewal in on November 10th. My check cleared the bank on November 27th. My expiration date is February 1st. Called the ISP FOID line and actually got through quickly. The advice I as given was to hand my guns over to a friend or family member with a valid FOID should my new one not arrive by Friday. That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I also spoke with "Tony" from Rep. Moylan's office, he said he'd look in to it.
KB9AMM
Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There probably testing the waters to see what they can get away with because if all the anti-gun talk around the country since CT.
6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

rmuser wrote:
I mailed my renewal in on November 10th. My check cleared the bank on November 27th. My expiration date is February 1st. Called the ISP FOID line and actually got through quickly. The advice I as given was to hand my guns over to a friend or family member with a valid FOID should my new one not arrive by Friday. That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I also spoke with "Tony" from Rep. Moylan's office, he said he'd look in to it.

you mailed your 3 days before I mailed mine check cashed dec 5th your check was cashed a week before mine, funny how that works.

my foid expires in 4 years but my address changed and the only way to change it is to get a new foid. as I learned to purchase a firearm I need a current drivers license too which is even more money.

the driver license is update able online but they require a hard copy with a current address.

I call BS on illinois. how do you arrest the state police? I'm going on 90 days from time in mail, 60 days from date of cashed check. I'm not in any hurry but..... its BS

jpryor
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

6010rocks wrote:
I call BS on illinois. how do you arrest the state police? I'm going on 90 days from time in mail, 60 days from date of cashed check. I'm not in any hurry but..... its BS

Call the office of the Director (217) 782-7263.

If that fails, I would file a complaint:
http://www.isp.state.il.us/services/citizencomplaint.cfm
Fill out the form and submit it. Also forward copies to your state reps and senators.

6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wrote my state rep and senator on February 1st, lets see how long it takes for the democratic process to work.

can you imagine the mess we will be in if a ccw bill is passed.. I want foid carry not ccw permits. my goal would be to get rid of foid but that is a wing and a prayer

6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't belive in chance. but I recived my foid card today2/4 I wrote my rep saturday mourning friday night. (less than 3 days ago)

I find it sneakey that even though they didn't issue my card untill febuary they my expiration date is december.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic