Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 61,898,544
  • Today: 5,007
Server InfoServer Info
  • Sep 24, 2017
  • 10:35 am CDT

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've revisited an old thread because I am looking for a new range now that ottawa is closed for at least the remainder of the year

http://www.icarry.org/ftopic-2729-days0-orderasc-0.html

a new range opened up gun world in lombard and the website says the first 85 minutes costs $20.00 Expensive to expensive to go there without investigating an alternative.

who has gone there to sycamore?, I think tyler is a member, and they sound like a nice place a few ranges

"They are open to the public only on Saturdays and Sundays. It's $10 a person, but if you are supervising someone they only charge you one $10 fee. It has an indoor 22lr range, an outdoor range with distances 10yd, 25yd, 50yd, and 100yd, and outdoor skeet and trap shooting. ""

that sounds perfect to me

"I'll post the details here.

I have been shooting there over two years, and I have only been a member for the past two months. I like it. I am not a full member yet, but I am working on it. There are no qork hours UNLESS you want to become a full member. Then you have to do 16 hours of work for the club.

It's a small place, friendly, and easy for me to get to. It doesn't have as much to offer as say Aurora Sportsman Club, but for the cost it's hard to beat. ($80 a year and $2 each time to shoot).

I personally wish they had more going on, like IDPA, but I think that will come with time. The pit is still getting ready, and they do cowboy action and NRA action pistol, so I think that IDPA will eventually come.

It's more of a club than an organization. What I mean is that I get a strong sense of everyone is just there to have fun. They aren't really interested in trying to recruit a lot of new members, as I get the vibe that ASC needs new members for the $$$. I like this as it's relaxing to go there.

I think that if you live in the area and want a place to shoot that you might as well sign up on the waiting list."

that sounds good too

Open to public Saturday and Sunday 1230pm - 4pm

They ask for a donation of $10 for range fee

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides
6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

so my question is

is all of that still true,

is it open to the public sat-sunday 12:30-4 for $10.00

is it still a good place to go?

I hope it is I can't wait for saturday, can somebody verify this info?

can I shoot prone standing and sitting or "the Appleseed positions"

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides
TylerH
Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

6010rocks wrote:
so my question is

is all of that still true,
Yes
is it open to the public sat-sunday 12:30-4 for $10.00
In general yes, but sometimes it is closed for special events. Without a newsletter it is IMPOSSIBLE to know ahead of time when it will be closed as they don't have any web presence and the phone is only there to call 911, i.e. no one will answer if if you call.
is it still a good place to go?
Yes and no. I am no longer a member there. If you want to know why just pm me and I can go into it. However, I still go there from time to time to shoot my rifles or to shoot steel with 22lr
I hope it is I can't wait for saturday, can somebody verify this info?
I will see if my newsletter is up to date when I get home.

can I shoot prone standing and sitting or "the Appleseed positions"
Yes and no. You can shoot standing, kneeling, sitting, or prone, but you can NOT shoot at man shaped targets. So no "redcoat" targets.

If you are going this weekend please let me know when and maybe I'll make it out.

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sounds good. what I will spend on gas, I will more than make up on range fees atmosphere and facilities.

only one question remains, I am navigation ally impaired. how is this place to find with a gps? the gps is my crutch and I can not travel unless it is going to get me there. or else it will be a waste of gas and mental anguish.

ok 2 or 3 questions acutally,
I can't shoot the red coats but can I shoot the Appleseed target that they score you on I think they call it the AQT?

Zombie targets yes or no??

are they fine with me shooting graph paper posted onto a larger target?

TylerH
Founders Club

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Change the starting point to get directions from where you start out.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Sycamore,+IL&daddr=W+Motel+Rd&hl=en&sll=42.009701,-88.714707&sspn=0.004958,0.00692&geocode=FTWzgAIdXr-2-ilZJdj_Ji8PiDEZ_l556RHWcQ%3BFYoHgQIdC1K2-g&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=17&z=17

Does the AQT use man shaped targets? If so then No. I think No because I remember the AQT being roughly man shapped, like a torso and chest.

If they are zombie animals then yes. If they are zombie people then no.

NO MAN SHAPED TARGETS!

Graph paper is fine. I bring my own target and staple, tape, etc.. them to other targets or the backers.

You can also plink with 22lr only.

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for all the info,

I looked at the appleseed target and they look more like the end of a shovel than the outline of a body to me. but it's their range their rules so what ever they say I have to follow.

TylerH
Founders Club

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can always try.

Gold
Member<br /><b>Gold</b>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just joined the Delavan Sportsmens Club just north of Delavan, Wi. Only open Tues. 5-9 and Sunday 9-4. $5 range fee and $5 a day for non members. Yearly dues $35, $5 day range fee for members. Out door pistol and rifle, (no .50 cal) skeet and trap ranges. About 50 miles from Elgin.

Member: NRA, ISRA, USCCA, Second Admendment Foundation, Icarry
TylerH
Founders Club

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What is the benefits of membership? It's $5 either way.

Gold
Member<br /><b>Gold</b>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you go more than 7 times a year, it's only $5 a day rather than $10. 00. (Daily membership $5, range fee $5 a day.) Plus you have a say on what's going on.

Dave
Gold
Member<br /><b>Gold</b>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Forgot to mention, they are having a Wisconsin CCW class in June, free for members. They expect to have more CCW classes, depending on the demand.

6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

odds look good I am going this saturday

just look for the only guy there with a DUI hat. I've never seen anybody else with the same hat so if there is anybody else with the same hat I'm sorry

TylerH
Founders Club

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Too hot!

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

it wasn't too hot for me , but ouch did my gun get hot and I shoot a bolt action with a 5 round non removable magazine

nice place they have everything you need to have fun and build and refine good solid fundamentals

Appleseed targets are approved

it could be nicer not all the firing line has a roof over it to keep the sun off of you.

compared to ottawa it is great no crowd I walked right on the line at 12:30 zeroed in my riffle and the last 45 min of the day I moved over to the 100 yd range. plenty of room.

nothing fancy but everything you need

I like this place, I hope ottawa reopens soon but even when they do I"m going to stay at this place as ottawa did not offer me anything of equal value.

NapalmMan67
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't been in a while for the open shooting, but it is a decent range with good emphasis on range safety. I like it becasue it's only 10 minutes from me.

I wish they had better communication in regards to memberships though. I've applied for membership, and can't seem to get a response if they even received it, or the waiting list time or if they are even accepting new members etc...

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic