Site Info v2.2.2
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 45,855,693
  • Today: 24,917
Server InfoServer Info
  • Dec 21, 2014
  • 10:55 pm CST

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sigma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anti-gun Bills To Be Heard
In Committee!
Voice your opposition to more failed gun laws introduced by Chicago legislators, laws that infringe on your rights, laws that do nothing to stop criminals!!

The following bills will be heard in the House Executive Committee on Wednesday, Feb. 29th.

HB4149 - Bans private sale of handguns
HB4456 - Bans private sale of handguns
HB5167 - Ammo Tax
HB5831 - Handgun registration.

Log on to the IL General Assembly website and voice your opposition. The public may submit witness slips to the committee. A witness slip is a form stating your support or opposition to a bill. The committee clerk submits the slips into the record of the hearing.
Click for slips to HB4149, http://witnessslips.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Create?committeeHearingId=9563&legislationid=63479
HB4456, http://witnessslips.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Create?committeeHearingId=9563&legislationid=63840
HB5167, http://witnessslips.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Create?committeeHearingId=9563&legislationid=65285
and HB5831. http://witnessslips.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Create?committeeHearingId=9563&legislationid=66328

Fill out all fields indicated with a red star. You can put "none" for Agency/Title, which means you are representing only yourself, none for title, and any others that don't apply. Click oppose.
You'll want to check "Record of Appearance Only" at the bottom. Copy the security text at the bottom. Click "create witness slip". Click "Yes". You're done!! Let's see how many Second Amendment supporters can submit witness slips before 11 a.m. on Wed. Feb. 29th!
[/url]
Dave
Gold
Member<br /><b>Gold</b>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did mine at 3:00 pm.

Member: NRA, ISRA, USCCA, Second Admendment Foundation, Icarry
Ccspinner
Private
Private

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Done, Thank you for the link.
DownhomeCharley
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just finished mine.
Damocles
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

done.
ShaunKranish
Executive Director
Founders Club
Executive Director<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This was just sent out by Gun Owners of America:

Flurry of Anti-gun Bills Saturates
the Illinois Legislature

-- But one bill would repeal the FOID card!

As you are probably aware, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is pressing for increased gun controls in Springfield.

According to press reports in the state, “Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel recently called for a mandatory gun registration with a $65 fee [which] would pay for improving a background-checking system that has failed to process 100,000 mental health records.”

Of course, including mental health records in the background check means that more military veterans who are suffering from PTSD will be denied their firearms rights. This has already happened to more than 150,000 vets nationwide.

Thankfully, one legislator is fighting back. Senator William Sam McCann has introduced SB 3340 to repeal the FOID card. This is one of the few silver linings in a legislature that has been inundated with a flurry of anti-gun legislation.

Consider just some examples of anti-gun legislation that is currently moving through the House:

* HB 1294 -- bans many, if not most, semi-automatic firearms
* HB 1599 -- imposes long prison sentences for “unlawful use of weapons”
* HB 1855 -- criminalizes failure to report lost or stolen guns
* HB 4149 and HB 4456 -- Bans private sales of handguns
* HB 5167 -- imposes a 2% surtax on ammunition
* HB 5831 -- requires registration of all handguns

ACTION: Please write your state Representative and Senator and urge them to oppose ANY violation of your Second Amendment rights. Urge them instead to follow the approach of SB 3340, which would repeal the FOID card -- an unconstitutional requirement which has done NOTHING to curb crime in Illinois.

Click here to find and contact your Representative and Senator

--------------------------------

Dear Representative:

I would have thought that, after the Supreme Court’s McDonald decision in 2010, legislators would have finally learned that my Second Amendment rights are off-limits, as far as they are concerned. But now I see that most legislators in Springfield just don’t get it.

Consider just some of the anti-Second Amendment bills that are moving through the House:

* HB 1294 -- bans many, if not most, semi-automatic firearms
* HB 1599 -- imposes long prison sentences for “unlawful use of weapons”
* HB 1855 -- criminalizes failure to report lost or stolen guns
* HB 4149 and HB 4456 -- Bans private sales of handguns
* HB 5167 -- imposes a 2% surtax on ammunition
* HB 5831 -- requires registration of all handguns

Do you realize that, since the Supreme Court ruled against the Chicago handgun ban two years ago, the murder rate in the city has dropped to a 45 year low?

I would urge you to support the Constitution and oppose ALL of the bills I listed above. Instead, please support legislation like SB 3340 which would repeal the FOID card.

Sincerely,

---------------------------------

Dear Senator:

I would have thought that, after the Supreme Court’s McDonald decision in 2010, legislators would have finally learned that my Second Amendment rights are off-limits, as far as they are concerned. But now I see that most legislators in Springfield just don’t get it, and there are several anti-Second Amendment bills that are currently moving through the legislature.

Do you realize that, ever since the Supreme Court ruled against the Chicago handgun ban two years ago, the murder rate in the city has dropped to a 45 year low?

I would urge you to support the Constitution and oppose ALL of the bills I listed above. Instead, please support SB 3340 -- introduced by Senator William Sam McCann -- which would repeal the FOID card.

Sincerely,

Private
Private

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a hard time even calling my rep, the POS Mike Madigan himself. My senator, on the other hand, I've known for 20 years, but he's totally under Madigan's thumb, like 80% of the democratic politicians in this state of collusion. But at least I can look him in the eye and browbeat his poor decisions that put us in chains.
JTHunter
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DONE!
Even got my elderly mother (a "pistol-packin' mama" Wink ) to file on all four.

Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fill out themelectronic witness slips for them or against them.

Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was contacted by Mr. Barickman's office again, this time out of the blue. Nice to see some proactive guys in Springfield helping to keep on top of things.

"Chicago politicians are once again trying to take away gun rights from the law abiding citizens of Illinois. As a strong supporter of our Second Amendment rights, I take these threats very seriously. I co-sponsored and voted for HB 148, which would have allowed conceal carry for Illinois.

On February 29, two bills passed out of the House Executive Committee and could, any day, be called for a vote on the floor. HB 5167 places a 2% surcharge on all firearm ammunition and HB 5831 would require all handguns be registered and charge a registration fee on each handgun.

I will continue to protect your Second Amendment rights and keep you updated on these bills and any other gun legislation that is considered this spring. Be assured, that I will advocate on your behalf in Springfield.

I hope to see you tomorrow in Springfield at the IGOLD rally.

Sincerely,

Jason A. Barickman
State Representative
224 North Main Street
Pontiac, IL 61764"
Dave
Gold
Member<br /><b>Gold</b>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Last week I wrote Senator Lauzen on SB 3218 and SB 3219. I went to IGOLD yesterday. (Had a very nice time.) I didn't get a chance to meet Sen Lauzen. This morning 3/8/2012 I received a phone call from Sen. Lauzen himself. I never expected a phone call, let alone from the senator himself. He asked me how I felt about the FOID card. I told him that criminals never bothered to get one. He liked the answer. We had a very nice conversation, and he is very pro gun. So those who don't take time to write or email, do it. You might be surprised with the results.

Member: NRA, ISRA, USCCA, Second Admendment Foundation, Icarry
ColdBlueSteel
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sent all 4 witness slips and also a personal email to my rep and senator.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic