Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 42,008,449
  • Today: 7,137
Server InfoServer Info
  • Apr 21, 2014
  • 07:09 am CDT

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
melensdad
Corporal
Corporal

Location: IN/ILL state line (IN side) at Will/Kankakee Counties & State Line

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Detonics in Illinois is alive . . . I'm not seeing any complete 1911 guns shipping yet so the company may be on life support, but they are shipping parts and pieces.

As a whim I decided to take a chance and pick up some bits.

My box of Detonics goodness showed up in the mail today. I ordered 3 sets of springs, a pair of grips, one of the new magazines with the finger extension, and one of their 'pistol bags.'

The pistol bag came with a padlock, set of ear plugs and shooting glasses. There is also a pistol sock included. I had no idea the bag came with anything so that was a nice surprise. The main pocket is padded. The cost of the pistol bag was $25. Too expensive for the quality of the bag alone, but not a bad value when you toss in the other stuff.

I'm curious to try out the new magazine with the finger extension. Normally I curl my little finger under the bottom of the grip because these guns have such a short grip frame. I honestly don't know if the finger extension is long enough to work as intended, but we'll find out!

OH, and the magic delivery truck also brought a half-case of 38 Super Automatic rounds. Its a good day!

Inside of the bag:

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic