Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 44,471,431
  • Today: 7,852
Server InfoServer Info
  • Oct 01, 2014
  • 03:18 pm CDT

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dave
Gold
Member<br /><b>Gold</b>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been thinking what happens if one of us has to pull the trigger in our home or after Illinois passes CCW. It may be difficult to find a competent attorney while behind bars. I do not mean one who got us out of a traffic ticket, is a friend of a friend of a friend, etc. I know that there are organizations for us that for about $100 a year they will provide counsil. They may not be local, and you could be sitting in jail all that time. Any one think of starting a forum on this site listing pro gun attorneys and phone numbers who would aggressively defend one of us? I've been told that many BAR associations, who you may be refereed to are anti gun, and forget public defenders. Any one have any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Member: NRA, ISRA, USCCA, Second Admendment Foundation, Icarry
ScottGarrett
Private
Private

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well we know we have one in our corner Walter M., Shauns attourney. I'm sure we could contact him possibly. He may be able to point us in the right direction, and or maybe able to provide counsel for one of us in the event IT happens or one of us has to pull the trigger. Other then them I have heard of a lawyer service called prepaid legal but i dont know if they handle sd shooting or the such.[/i]

ShaunKranish
Executive Director
Founders Club
Executive Director<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure Walter would take a case (depends on where it is located, of course - he lives in Chicago) for self-defense.

Prepaid legal - I don't remember which things are "covered" and which aren't. But EVERYTHING is covered to some extent, because you get a percentage discount on the lawyer's fees. I don't know how well this works out, and anytime you need a lawyer I suggest shopping around not only for price but to meet and talk with a few different lawyers to see which one gives you the best feeling.

Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

David P. Mierswa
Law Offices of David P. Mierswa & Assoc PC
5225 Old Orchard Road, Suite 5
Skokie, IL 60077
Tel: 847-566-6294 Fax: 847-566-6304
lawyerllll@aol.com

If you have any doubts as to if this guy is pro-gun, just check out his bio here: http://www.uritraining.com/AboutUs.html

DAVID MIERSWA J.D., MBA

David Mierswa was raised in Wisconsin where he learned the value of "hard Midwest work ethics." He has earned several degrees, including a Bachelor of Business Administration, Master's in Business Administration and a Law Degree from Thomas Cooley Law School. After earning his degrees, David went on to start his own firm, The Law Offices of David P. Mierswa and Associates. His practice specializes in Contract and Commercial Law and Litigation as well Asset and Business Fraud Protection.

As a Gun Rights and 2nd Amendment Advocate, Mr. Mierswa is an active member of the National Rifle Association and International Defensive Pistol Association. As part of his defensive weapons training, he has participated in regional competitions with the IDPA, Police Pistol Combat League, and the US Practical Shooting Association.

In addition to his role as the Principal of his law firm, Mr. Mierswa teaches classes on legal issues related to gun ownership, concealed weapons carry and lethal force confrontations. Mr. Mierswa is an NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor, certified in Pistol, Shotgun and Patrol Rifle / AR15.
Dorkweed
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Illinois doesn't have "Castle Doctrine" per se, but Illinois does have good legislation as is (when compared to other states) regarding defense of person (or other person) and property.
Hawkbill
Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you were looking for the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
( http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/ ). Once you join, you get access to gun law specific lawyers and they'll help cover the fees if you acted within the law.

"A Republic ma'am, if you can keep it."
-- Dr. Ben Franklin
Farfel
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

+1
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic