Site Info v2.2.2
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 45,794,344
  • Today: 19,750
Server InfoServer Info
  • Dec 19, 2014
  • 06:08 pm CST

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
melensdad
Corporal
Corporal

Location: IN/ILL state line (IN side) at Will/Kankakee Counties & State Line

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I keep getting asked to donate to the various GOP 'victory' campaigns.

Many of them are phone calls where I ask some simply questions.

One question I am still waiting to hear an answer for is this: If the GOP wins control of the house, will the new speaker sell off Nancy Pelosi's 747 Jumbo Jet that she got as a perk for being Speaker of the House and simply fly on commercial airliners as many prior speakers have done in the past in a move to show that they understand spending is the problem?

Still waiting for that answer . . . and its one reason why I will probably be pulling the levers for Libertarians this fall.

Last edited by melensdad on Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Colonel
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Speaker Hastert used to use a much smaller exec sized jet.

Pelosi whined, ( and got her way ), that anything smaller than a commercial jet would mean having to re-fuel between DC and Frisco, ( oh pity!! ), and wouldn't be big enough for her entourage.

Overall, her travel expenses rival that of the President.

Colonel.....
melensdad
Corporal
Corporal

Location: IN/ILL state line (IN side) at Will/Kankakee Counties & State Line

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Colonel wrote:
Speaker Hastert used to use a much smaller exec sized jet.

Pelosi whined, ( and got her way ). . .

While that is true, that is missing the point of my concern.

My real question is did the GOP actually learn anything in the past several years? If they did then wouldn't Pelosi's Jumbo Jet, here $111,000 bar tab, and her travel expenses, be a great illustration to point out about the excesses in government?

They controlled the House, Senate and the White House and they totally mucked it up. The Dems then took over the House and Senate while Bush was still in power and for a while it seemed like we had a choice between RINO's and Liberal Democrats. Now Obama is the boss and the Dems control the House & Senate and they have run amok with power. They went on a giddy spending spree that dwarfed that of the GOP's but its still the same basic problem.

So has the GOP gotten the message?

Do they actually 'get it' and understand we are tired of politics as usual?

If so, they should make a big deal about the privlages of office to which queen Nancy has taken for herself. They should campaign around selling her jet, and use that as a symbol of scaling back the whole of the government.

I used to be a heavy donor to the GOP. Several of the committees have my cell phone number. They all assure me that the GOP has gotten the message, essentially learned their lesson.

Well if they have then why does the GOP trot out RINOs to run in open elections? Why does the GOP support RINOs in elections where there are true conservatives? Why has the GOP ignored the states desires in primary elections and supported candidates that have been turned away by the voters?

If the GOP has gotten religion, it needs to replace Michael Steel. Leaders, if you want to call them that, like John McCain, John Boehner, Mitch McConnel, Lindsey Graham and Richard Lugar are all big spending, Democrat leaning, RINO types who have a long history of bending on many conservative issues and their voting records PROVE them to be anything but what the GOP platform proclaims. There is very little difference between any of those folks and turncoats like Arlen Specter and Charlie Crist who used to be proclaimed as valued members of the GOP but now are no longer even in the party and run against the GOP.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic