Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 44,863,750
  • Today: 12,654
Server InfoServer Info
  • Oct 30, 2014
  • 11:00 pm CDT

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Trigger
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What the heck is up with their hours?

9-5 weekdays, 10-2 on the weekends?

Besides being higher than most other gun stores they now have a larger store and shorter hours.
SiliconSorcerer
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My understanding is they "close" earlier for anyone not there picking up a already purchased firearm because there volume of people is so large they can't get to them before they close. My friend said he waited nearly 1 1/2 hour to get service and there was a line just as long behind him this weekend.

I guess even normal handgun prices have shot up due to demand. I see online prices are up at least $100 -150 for 2 handguns i purchased in early December and considering what he bought stores are even more.
Trigger
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And now you cannot enter the building without a FOID card!
Yup, they stop you at the door.

Now they are closed on Mondays.

And magazines have gone up 30% in a week.
6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i stopped patronizing mega sports years ago when they started interrogating me for every purchase I made.. badddd vibe

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides
OIFMarine
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I stopped going there years ago as well when one if the guys insisted on giving my wife and I a safety talk before using the range as if anything I would tell her wouldn't be good enough. He spoke to her like she was an idiot. I found it odd cause every other time I'd been there, all i'd ever get was "you know the rules? Got ears and eyes? Targets? Ok. Have fun." I bring a pretty girl with and we get a 20min lecture. Kinda unprofessional.
Trigger
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The more I have talked to people the more people I find that will not visit there anymore.

They have some rather apparent 'issues' at the moment, no doubt.

The last gun we purchased there was in 1999 and that will probably indeed be the last.

And do not even think about having your cell phone out there now either.
themiller
Private
Private

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was in awe the first time I walked in; and again after their expansion. Then I talked to some of the guys behind the counter - no longer in awe. Went there to use the range; found it nice. Went again and had a very bad experience with the goofball behind the counter who thought he knew more about my guns than I did when I was buying ammo, trying to get me to run .44 mag in my .44 spl revolver and .40 in my 10mm. Did not go back after that.

Have not found the service or prices worth it, but I will probably go back in 10 years if they are still open, but not before. I've driven by them several times since my last visit - and do not regret it.
SiliconSorcerer
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

themiller wrote:
I was in awe the first time I walked in; and again after their expansion. Then I talked to some of the guys behind the counter - no longer in awe. Went there to use the range; found it nice. Went again and had a very bad experience with the goofball behind the counter who thought he knew more about my guns than I did when I was buying ammo, trying to get me to run .44 mag in my .44 spl revolver and .40 in my 10mm. Did not go back after that.

Have not found the service or prices worth it, but I will probably go back in 10 years if they are still open, but not before. I've driven by them several times since my last visit - and do not regret it.

Well by chance (and I doubt it) your 10mm is a revolver with moon clips, 40 is 10mm short. Wink
themiller
Private
Private

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Well by chance (and I doubt it) your 10mm is a revolver with moon clips, 40 is 10mm short.

Ha, didn't even think of that! Unfortunately it was the Glock in my avatar.

Most of my concern was not my ability to ignore him, but the fact that any other person on the range who actually listened to some of his boneheaded advice and would end up sending shrapnel my way.

Ah well... takes all kinds.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic