Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 44,779,237
  • Today: 1,918
Server InfoServer Info
  • Oct 24, 2014
  • 03:30 am CDT

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kurt555gs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

On November 2nd, the ISP changed their PDF " How to legally Transport your firearm in Illinois ". The changes reflect The elimination of the Wildlife code definition, The elimination of different transport requirements for non-residents ( People v McDade ) and a section about how to "transport" ON YOUR PERSON!

The folks over at the website that shall not be named are in high gear to quash, and minimize this. This is HUGE. It really gives a plain English get out of jail free card to container carry in most of the state. They are even banning people who talk about it.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.isp.state.il.us%2Fdocs%2F1-154.pdf

There are some Home Rule communities that have their own firearm ordinances. They are supposed to report these to the ISP, but the list on the ISP website may not be current. Also, all but a few Home Rule municipalities that have their own laws differ from the state transport section.

Only Home Rule municipalities in Illinois can have firearms local ordinances that differ from the state.

If they aren't on this list, they have no legal authority to do anything but follow state law:

http://www.iml.org/page.cfm?key=2

The list of those that have different firearms laws from the State Police is here:

http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/ordinances.cfm

Only a very few of these have local laws that differ from the Transport section.

Because of the new legislative map, Madigan and Cullerton have an unbeatable majority, and unless they want a concealed carry bill to pass, it won't.

The ISP "How to Transport your Firearm" PDF is not statute. Laws are for lawyers, not people and cops. This new PDF reflects both laws and court cases that have happened in the last several years. It is your official permission slip to "Container Transport" subject to the usual limitations and local laws.

The website that shall not be named, the ISRA, and NRA in Illinois are committed to spreading as much Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt on this subject.

They must fear losing support for a now un-achievable concealed only carry bill, or maybe fees.

If you follow the new ISP guidelines. It really is reasonable to "Transport" your firearm legally just about everywhere.

Lastly, there is only one "Home Rule" county inn Illinois, Cook. From what I read, Cook follows the State "transport" laws.

I hope honest discussion can be had here.

Last edited by kurt555gs on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

2 steps in the right direction 1 step back

it's progress

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides
kurt555gs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

6010rocks wrote:
2 steps in the right direction 1 step back

it's progress

What is one step back?
6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Because of the new legislative map, Madigan and Cullerton have an unbeatable majority, and unless they want a concealed carry bill to pass, it won't.

alot of info was there maybe i didn't process all of it fully as of yet

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides
CJ797
Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

People have been carrying unloaded using fanny packs for a long time to get around not having a ccw law. While I don't agree with carrying unloaded (I think you would be better off carrying a brick at that point) I know people who do. I was really hoping that something would pass this year......
DownhomeCharley
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Now that coat/jacket weather has arrived..., just carry a large crescent wrench in your back pocket.
6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DownhomeCharley wrote:
Now that coat/jacket weather has arrived..., just carry a large crescent wrench in your back pocket.

I use to do that all the time except I was welding at the time. channel locks open all the way seemed to be the most effective handle.

junglebob
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

CJ797 wrote:
People have been carrying unloaded using fanny packs for a long time to get around not having a ccw law. While I don't agree with carrying unloaded (I think you would be better off carrying a brick at that point) I know people who do. I was really hoping that something would pass this year......

Maybe the 7th circuit court of Illinois will rule in Moore/Shephard that the UUW law unconstitutional and we will be able to bear arms in any way we please.

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Killeen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we
CJ797
Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

junglebob wrote:
CJ797 wrote:

Maybe the 7th circuit court of Illinois will rule in Moore/Shephard that the UUW law unconstitutional and we will be able to bear arms in any way we please.

I know how to get this done!

Dear Santa,

I've been really good this year, and all I would ask is if you would bring CCW permits to Illinois. I know it's going to be tough getting Scrooge (Quinn) to agree to it, but pleeeeeasse.

Thanks - Your friend,
Chris

Sorry I couldn't resist.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic