Site Info v2.2.2
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 45,769,979
  • Today: 15,775
Server InfoServer Info
  • Dec 18, 2014
  • 07:27 pm CST

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ccspinner
Private
Private

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They are trying to pass a $25 per gun and $.05 a bullet tax!
That will be $2.50 on a box of 50 and for a box of 500 22's its $25 in tax!
thats more that the box costs.
This needs to stop only hurting the small bussiness that will loose all sales as people will go out of the county.
SiliconSorcerer
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ccspinner wrote:
They are trying to pass a $25 per gun and $.05 a bullet tax!
That will be $2.50 on a box of 50 and for a box of 500 22's its $25 in tax!
thats more that the box costs.
This needs to stop only hurting the small bussiness that will loose all sales as people will go out of the county.

It's just nuts in reality it won't hurt any people because they simply won't buy within cook county it's just to easy to go elsewhere but the businesses will get screwed. They certainly know gang bangers don't have FOID's and buy guns and ammo legally anyhow and they say 70% of all guns confiscated come from collar counties. This is just another case of they came for the Jews but I wasn't a Jew so ... In Chicago gun owners are still an easy target - no pun intended.

I question how much money they will make or loose considering the law suits that will certainly be filed and they are not considering this is just putting more fire in the belly of those wanting concealed carry etc for the state.

Waiting to hear more about Winnebago county, Du Page should be next!

States need to be pushing back on the overreach of the federal government maybe it's time for the counties within the state.
Damocles
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ellen Ripley wrote:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
DownhomeCharley
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Illinois has had the solution to this and a few other issues..., for a long time!!! It's quite large, yellow, and bears the name Caterpillar!!! Just doze them off into Lake Michigan and be done!!!
JTHunter
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I LIKE Charley's idea!

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dumping toxic waste into my drinking water is not something I encourage

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides
get_on_target
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

6010rocks wrote:
dumping toxic waste into my drinking water is not something I encourage

LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not a lawyer, but this seems to me like it could easily be fought in court. Because voting is a right, the pole taxes that were common in the south before the civil rights movement were deemed unconstitutional, as they served to deny poor blacks of their rights by charging a tax. How is this any different? Looking at the demographics of cook county, and taking into account that poor blacks in the city are more reliant on public transportation than suburban whites, it seems to me that this measure cuts them out of the market. A suburban white can just jump in the car and buy in the collar counties, where as a south side black reliant on public transportation is kinda screwed. Upon getting to any gun shop in the county that manages to keep it's doors open, they are hit with a tax on both the ammo and firearm. Any thoughts?
And why isn't JJ Sr. The supposed great civil rights leader and Rev., who marched with Dr. King, all over this?
6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

he needs sheep to lead and if they have guns they wouldn't be sheep relying on him for everything

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic