Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 44,881,726
  • Today: 17,528
Server InfoServer Info
  • Oct 31, 2014
  • 02:56 pm CDT

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jknapp
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've heard something on facebook and didn't get the chance to follow up(due to health reasons~ my fiance and I were hit on my motorcycle and didnt have access to the internet while i was laid up~). Anyways, i had heard that there was some kind of bill That was supposed to give us the right to carry and should only need like 15 less votes to pass or something like that. Was I doped up on drugs, or is this true? supposed to be some kind of special bill of some sort. Thats all i've got on the subject. can anyone verify what I was reading or If it's true?

"Gun control means using both hands."

"Me and my gun, we took an oath together, said i'd never die, as long as we're together."
jknapp
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

WAIT! i remember now, there was a rep that came to a shooting range about 10 minutes from my house.
HERES THE LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://wsoyam.com/pages/14224379.php?contentType=4&contentId=11417901
CONTAINS A LITTLE AUDIO AS WELL!
they say the bill will require you to possess a valid FOID, have taken a gun safety course of some sort, and possess a carry permit from another state.

"Me and my gun, we took an oath together, said i'd never die, as long as we're together."
jknapp
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

By the way the bill is House Bill 6225
ttp://www.danhassinger.com/ (it probably wont load the first time, hit refresh and it will)
that one seems to sound like if your caught carrying you will be charged with carry, but youll have to show the evidence of foid, other state permit, and class before your court date and itl be dropped. Thats how im interpereting it????
Maybe im wrong. It's all there on the page. the way i see it is if theres a bill that allows it, you shouldnt be charged in any way if youve got the proof????
:SMH:

JTHunter
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not a lot of cops know about this (or they pretend they don't) but it is on the State Police website in the Firearms FAQ's here:

http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/firearmsfaq.cfm

Scroll down to the question:

How do I legally transport a firearm on my person or in my vehicle?

There was also a case, decided in 2009, Illinois vs. Diggins, that determined "container carry" to INCLUDE the center console of your vehicle. It just need to be a "latchable" container. Here's the link to the judgement at Findlaw.com.
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/il-supreme-court/1500192.html

The gun MUST be completely unloaded (nothing in the chamber) but the magazine or speed-loader CAN be in the same container, just not in the gun.

We're not there YET, but this is a start.

Now, if we can just get Crook County from interferring with downstate - - -.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic