Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 44,377,246
  • Today: 6,841
Server InfoServer Info
  • Sep 23, 2014
  • 01:23 pm CDT

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
VannDaddy
Private
Private

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My wife and I spent the past weekend in Madison and took a quick stop at the East Town Mall. We went in at the Sears, and having checked out the laws for Wisconsin knew that a sign had to be post. We walked around the mall for about 45 minutes and had no luck finding the item we were searching for, as we're heading back to Sears I notice a no guns allowed sign on a wall in between two stores. I mentally noted it and instead of exiting through Sears we exited from the mall exit nearest Sears and I found the no guns sign on that door.

Point of the the story, for those of you who carry in Wisconsin, be careful. I don't know if the mall is off limits but Sears is friendly or what, if that we're the case I would like to see a sign reading such on the Sears door. Maybe the mall wouldn't have a case due to Sears not having a sign, if this were the case I wouldn't want any member here being the test case for that. Like I said, just letting everyone know of this situation and I hope everyone is paying attention. Be safe out there and God bless.
6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it should have to be as visible as the no shirt no shoes no service.

my 2 cents

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides
DownhomeCharley
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would simply keep my firearm out of sight, but never out of mind. Just another mall patron. Unless a security guard happens to be an off-duty "sworn police officer"...., they have no more authority than you do. Their job is to observe and report. Security guards are "wannabe cops" that will never make it. The ones I've seen in Peoria remind me of Enos from the Dukes of Hazzard and are good for a laugh!!! If one of them ever touches me., they will have to sit on a Big Mac in order to eat it!
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic