Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 45,200,723
  • Today: 17,531
Server InfoServer Info
  • Nov 23, 2014
  • 09:41 pm CST

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Getzapped
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't see this popsted here this is urgent information.
HB 1294, HB 1599, and HB 1855, were passed out of rules committee yesterday!!
All were passed out of the Rules Committee 4-0 and all belong to Acevedo

2 "assault weapon" bans, UUW will be a felony now and not reporting loss /theft of firearm will result in FOID revocation.

http://ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocTypeID=HB&DocNum=1294&GAID=11&SessionID=84&LegID=57470

http://ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocTypeID=HB&DocNum=1599&GAID=11&SessionID=84&LegID=58750

http://ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocTypeID=HB&DocNum=1855&GAID=11&SessionID=84&LegID=59044
JordanClark
Private
Private

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Guess I won't be building that a.r. after all Sad

What's with the foid one....seems like you can lose one gun, but lose a second, and they revoke your card.

Smfh....
Dave
Gold
Member<br /><b>Gold</b>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I received a eamil from the ISRA on HB 1294 at 3:00 pm today. Going to do some writing this week.

Member: NRA, ISRA, USCCA, Second Admendment Foundation, Icarry
cmegalodon
Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Only the gang bangers will have the guns?

Did you see the districts this guy represents? He lives in one of the most crime ridden districts. Everyone wonders why people are moving out of Illinois and out of Chicago.

This guy is just plain nuts - must be why he is on his seventh term in office. Fits in well with the Chicago way.

I already sent a note to my house representative, Tom Cross.

—Rudyard Kipling
cmegalodon
Founders Club

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just saw this article in CBS Chicago by way of Drudge Report: Only 30 Percent Of Last Year’s Murders Have Been Solved

Here's the link to the article:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/01/25/only-30-percent-of-last-years-murders-have-been-solved/

Yea, let's ban guns in Chicago. That is going to go real well.....please call your local representative.

—Rudyard Kipling
jkholt72

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I emailed my Representative just a few minutes ago to voice opposition. Please contact your reps and ask them to speak against these bills and to deter co-sponsors. Some of the legislators are rampantly seeking to remove your rights and freedoms. We need to stop them from getting these, or any other silly legislation passed. Do your part by contacting your reps and letting them know how you feel.
Damocles
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jkholt72 wrote:
I emailed my Representative just a few minutes ago to voice opposition. Please contact your reps and ask them to speak against these bills and to deter co-sponsors. Some of the legislators are rampantly seeking to remove your rights and freedoms. We need to stop them from getting these, or any other silly legislation passed. Do your part by contacting your reps and letting them know how you feel.

Done so as well. Intolerable! This Edward Acevedo is a real character....

Last edited by Damocles on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Damocles
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JordanClark wrote:
Guess I won't be building that a.r. after all Sad

What's with the foid one....seems like you can lose one gun, but lose a second, and they revoke your card.

Smfh....

Sure you can. Make it a priority and get your parts as soon as you can. The law would only affect those after the date the law was enacted.

I've been mulling an AR build for a long time, the cost is what keeps putting me off, however.... now may be a good reason.
JordanClark
Private
Private

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lol....fundage is my issue too.
Good buddy of mine offered to loan me the cash.....might have to take him up on that.
JTHunter
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is the text of an email I received tonight from the NRA regarding these pieces of #%&@!

Three anti-gun bills passed yesterday in the state House Rules Committee and could be voted on at anytime when the House convenes next Tuesday. The three following bills are a direct attack on your Second Amendment rights and must be stopped!

House Bill 1294, introduced by state Representative Edward Acevedo (D-2), seeks to ban countless semi-automatic handguns, rifles, and shotguns, many parts for them, as well as .50 caliber rifles and ammunition.

House Bill 1599, also introduced by Representative Acevedo, would classify countless semi-automatic handguns, rifles, and shotguns as “semi-automatic "assault weapons",” and would classify as “high capacity ammunition” any “ammunition of .50 or more caliber.” This bill would also create enhanced felony penalties under the Unlawful Use of Weapons (UUW) statute if a “semi-automatic "assault weapon"” or “high capacity ammunition” is involved. Much of the UUW statute deals with simply possessing regulated “weapons.”

House Bill 1855, again introduced by Representative Acevedo, would create penalties for individuals who have had their firearms stolen if they fail to report the theft in an arbitrarily determined time-frame. Under this bill, (which should be titled the “Crime Victim Victimization Act,”) if a law-abiding gun owner has a firearm stolen and fails to report its theft “within 72 hours after obtaining knowledge of the theft,” the crime victim would be charged with committing a petty offense. A second “offense” could lead to the crime victim losing his or her Firearm Owner’s Identification (FOID) card, thus losing his or her right to own ANY firearm. In other words, as a crime victim, you would be treated the same as the criminal who stole your property if you fail to jump through this bureaucratic hoop in the arbitrary time that the government deems to be a timely fashion.

Founders Club

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I called my rep yesterday.

Gold
Member<br /><b>Gold</b>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I emailed my rep Tim Schmitz last night. Today he emailed me and informed me that these bills have not been assigned to a committee yet. His is pro gun and said that when the time comes that he would vote against them. Also I'm getting two differnt storys on what HB1294 would do. The NRA-ILA stated that this would be for assault type weapons, and 50 cal, not hand guns. ISRA email states all semi-automatics. ISRA web site under legislation heading HB1294 doesn't say anything about handguns. Did some one from ISRA over react, or did some one phish this to cause problems?

Dave
Gold
Member<br /><b>Gold</b>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just tried NRA-ILA this morning 10:35 an and I'm having problems. Took forever and came up "this address may of changed" but still had NRA-ILA info on top. I didn't make a mistake on the address as it's on my favorite web sites.

Hawkbill
Founders Club

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Contacted my rep (Kent Gaffney) about these bills and received this response:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX:
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts regarding gun legislation recently introduced in the Illinois House of Representatives.

As a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, I oppose HB 1294, HB 1599, and HB 1855.

Again, thank you for your willingness to share your views on this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact my office if I can be of further assistance.

Kent Gaffney
State Representative
District 52
847-487-5252

My original email:

Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 4:15 PM
To: repgaffney@gmail.com
Cc: dan@senatorduffy.com
Subject: HB1599 and HB1294.

Dear Representative Gaffney:
I’m writing you today about two house bills that have recently reached the house floor HB1599 and HB1294. As a law abiding gun owner and former US Navy Submariner, I’m asking you to vote against passage of these attacks on our gun rights and ability to defend our families, friends, and ourselves from violent criminal offenders. As the last State in the Union to prevent law abiding citizens from bearing firearms for self defense, some in the legislature seem to want to move IL further backwards by forcing our residents to be victims of violent offenders and law abiding gun owners to be criminal felons simply for possessing common self-defense handguns and sporting rifles.
I would like to hear back from you as to your position on these two (2) bills and, if you will not vote AGAINST them, I would like to know why.
Thanks you for your service to our State. If you would like to discuss this issue with me, I can be reached at

"A Republic ma'am, if you can keep it."
-- Dr. Ben Franklin
Getzapped
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They are all out of committe, it say right in the bill status place on order of third reading. They can be voted on at anytime.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic