Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 61,843,115
  • Today: 8,463
Server InfoServer Info
  • Sep 20, 2017
  • 01:08 pm CDT

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bobc
Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

NY Jails Ex-Marine with Indiana Conceal-Carry Permit

Ryan Jerome served in the US Marine Corp and was well trained on firearms. In civilian life, Jerome has an Indiana concealed carry permit. Before traveling to New York City on business, he went on line to check out New York’s regulations which stated that they honored the concealed carry permits from other states.

Upon arriving in New York City with $15,000 worth of jewelry to sell, Jerome proceeded to the Empire State Building. While passing through security, he offered to check his gun with security officers. He presented his Indiana permit for concealed carry and was subsequently arrested for violating New York’s gun laws.

To date, Jerome has not been indicted by a grand jury, but the Manhattan District Attorney’s office is proceeding with the charges against Jerome. If he is found guilty, he would be facing a mandatory minimum sentence of 3 ˝ years and up a maximum of 15 years in jail.

Cases like this is what prompted the US House of Representatives to pass HB 822 that would require all states to honor the concealed carry permits issued by other states. Even though the House passage of the bill this past November had substantial bipartisanship support, the Senate has yet to act upon it. If the Senate does pass the measure, one can only wonder whether or not President Obama would sign it considering just how anti-gun he and Secretary of State Clinton are.

In the case of Ryan Jerome, New York City Councilman Daniel Halloran is coming to his aid asking that the Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance to dismiss the charges. Halloran is less than optimistic that Vance will drop the charges since he has been openly opposed to HB 822 and refuses to acknowledge other state’s concealed carry permits.

Halloran says that Vance may be willing to offer a plea bargain to Jerome, but he doubts if the charges will be permanently dropped. Hopefully more political leaders will step in to fight for Ryan Jerome and keep him from going to prison for doing what he thought was legal. Then we need to urge our senators to quickly take up HB 822 pass it and send it to the Oval Office to be signed into law so that no one else will suffer what Ryan Jerome is currently experiencing.

Read more: NY Jails Ex-Marine with Indiana Conceal-Carry Permit http://godfatherpolitics.com/3078/ny-jails-ex-marine-with-indiana-conceal-carry-permit/#ixzz1jFQaa2o4
Ccspinner
Private
Private

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is not fair but all he had to do is go to Handgunlaw.us and look it up and he would know he was braking the law.
It is stupid but it is the current law and he did brake the law.
regulatedIllinoisan
Founders Club

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Warning, the following ideas were not approved by the State:
    Unconstitutional laws are no law at all and should be broken.
    Immoral laws are no law at all and should be broken.

A law that prohibits a person from defending himself runs contrary to the Natural Law. Such a law should be broken with prejudice.
VannDaddy
Private
Private

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought he looked on a website (I don't know which one) and it was wrong, or he misread it. For anyone going to New York: YOUR OUT OF STATE LICENSE IS NOT VALID!
Bmanz
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is a perfect example of how unproductive and ineffective our criminal justice system has become; a patriot and former defender of freedom (God bless him) has NO criminal intent, has demonstrated such by having a CCW permit and by voluntarily alerting security and disarming himself at a security checkpoint gets arrested and charged as a criminal because he wanted a means to protect himself. Yet, if he was a criminal from foreign country and openly crossed over our border (a crime) he would have been left unhindered to carry on. Is this teh Bizzaro world?

A related lunacy or our criminal justice system is the fact that it's a crime in here Illinois to defend yourself from attack; I bet it's the same in NY. Let the criminals run wild but then press onward to arrest and pursue an an easy target: a citizen who wants a means of defending himself because it's against the law to allow that. We've gone absolutely nuts in this country ignoring illegal alien invasion while restricting self defense and then, in some states, legally requiring retreat from criminals invading your home while we're told "just call 911". <Sigh> Just call 911, huh?. So the police know where to go and find my dead body and do a report and then begin trying to track down my killer? Maybe...if they have time given all resources spent arresting people who dare to carry a means of protecting themselves, or when they fight back. God help us.
6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd vote not guilty if i was on the jury and sometimes all you need is one person with their head screwed on tight. but a system that isn't broken and corrupt would help alot more

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides
jtkustom
Private
Private

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I understand that states are allowed to create laws that supersede federal laws, which I don't agree with by the way. But, how did it ever come to be that states could infringe on the Bill of Rights. These are the pillars our government was founded on, how can they be criminal?

A perfect example of this is that in California and other states that allow Permits for Marijuana, federal officials in those states can arrest someone that is "law abiding"

In my opinion the only thing states should be able to do is "decriminalize" not "over-criminalize."

XDm 40s&w compact
Browning 380 compact
Browning 30-06 BAR
Browning 20 ga O/U
Autoloading 12ga
O/U 12ga
Marlin Model 60
FOR SALE Custom M4 Carbine FOR SAL
jtkustom
Private
Private

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

VannDaddy wrote:
I thought he looked on a website (I don't know which one) and it was wrong, or he misread it. For anyone going to New York: YOUR OUT OF STATE LICENSE IS NOT VALID!

This is the problem that brought McDonald to the Supreme Court. The federal law is the 2nd Amendment period. Then states over regulate and finally cities are over regulating the over-regulated laws. Gun bans have been ruled as unconstitutional, why are they still considered legal?

House Bill 822 is the most commonsense bill in a long time. Why is there even a question? Constitutional laws are that, constitutional. And, should not be infringed upon by states cities or municipalities.

JT

XDm 40s&w compact
Browning 380 compact
Browning 30-06 BAR
Browning 20 ga O/U
Autoloading 12ga
O/U 12ga
Marlin Model 60
FOR SALE Custom M4 Carbine FOR SAL
ShaunKranish
Executive Director
Founders Club
Executive Director<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This sad story could be very valuable to the cause. We could get a ton of mileage on this one. We need to try to help this Marine get cleared of the charges, by helping him get as much publicity as possible!!!

Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ShaunKranish wrote:
This sad story could be very valuable to the cause. We could get a ton of mileage on this one. We need to try to help this Marine get cleared of the charges, by helping him get as much publicity as possible!!!

Yes, this could be good for a huge boost if the right people get behind it.

Regards, Danl
Bobc
Founders Club

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As far as I can see, we totally lost our Bill of Rights with the recent passage of the National Defense Act and prior to that, the Patriot Act. Unless of course one has deep enough pockets to pay for his/her freedom!
VannDaddy
Private
Private

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jtkustom wrote:
I understand that states are allowed to create laws that supersede federal laws, which I don't agree with by the way. But, how did it ever come to be that states could infringe on the Bill of Rights. These are the pillars our government was founded on, how can they be criminal?

A perfect example of this is that in California and other states that allow Permits for Marijuana, federal officials in those states can arrest someone that is "law abiding"

In my opinion the only thing states should be able to do is "decriminalize" not "over-criminalize."

First off, the Bill of Rights were written as amendments to the federal Constitution so the States would radify it, and ONLY protect people from the federal government, ie: the First Amendment, Congress[i] shall make no law respecting... Many of the States' Constitutions at the time I the ratifying had provisions like the federal Bill of Rights which protected the citizens from overreaching from the state governments. If the federal Bill of Rights was designed to protect citizens from the state governments, why would the any state need similar provisions in their constitutions? Also, why would the federal government allow Massachusetts to tax it's citizens for churches well into the 19th century if the First Amendment protected citizens against the states and the wording actually meant the fabled "separation of church and state"?
Per the Tenth Amendment, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." So you are correct that states shouldn't supersede federal law, but federal law should only encompass the few enumerated powers stated in the Constitution. Drug laws, as you pointed out, are never stated in or eluded to in any way in the Constitution, therefore it is the Federal Government's laws that are overstepping.

I like to think of the union of American States like the European Union. Think about the EU [i]forcing by threat of war[i] that Germany to stay in the union! Everyone, at this time, would think that's crazy! But what about in another 50 years, if the EU lasts that long.

I apologize if I'm rambling a bit and if my statements are a jumbled, I'm writing this on my iPhone while trying to get my oldest ready for preschool.
Danielm60660
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I heard a rumor that this guy was offoered a sweet deal and TURNED THEM DOWN. If this is true, he basically dared them to try him. Anyone hear this?
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic