Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 61,889,922
  • Today: 10,422
Server InfoServer Info
  • Sep 23, 2017
  • 06:35 pm CDT

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Getzapped
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmmm......
SHALLNOTBEINFRINGED

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Armed_OMS wrote:
In order to preempt home rule authority, 3/5 majority was needed. With just a simple majority, any city or municipality would be free to disallow CCW. You could be legally carrying on one side of the street, and comitting a felony if you cross the street. The preemption is absolutely necessary.
I know we are all disappointed (I'm being kind) but considering that this is the first time this has even gotten out of committee and it garnered 65 votes, is truly a reason to be proud of our efforts. Let's be honest....how many of us REALLY expected this to pass the house, senate, gov's desk and possibly a veto session this year? Yes, we came close enough to taste it. It may take one or two more passes thorugh the sausage making process, but it is bound to happen.
Let's regroup, dig in and keep pressing!!!

Personally I think it would be a step forward to get a concealed carry law passed even with preemption...I think the majority of the counties would allow it save for the ones around Chicago....which would probably lead to another law suit by the NRA testing the part about the 2nd amendment which talks about "bear"....but hey, thats just me....
EST31308

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Armed_OMS wrote:
In order to preempt home rule authority, 3/5 majority was needed. With just a simple majority, any city or municipality would be free to disallow CCW. You could be legally carrying on one side of the street, and comitting a felony if you cross the street. The preemption is absolutely necessary.
I know we are all disappointed (I'm being kind) but considering that this is the first time this has even gotten out of committee and it garnered 65 votes, is truly a reason to be proud of our efforts. Let's be honest....how many of us REALLY expected this to pass the house, senate, gov's desk and possibly a veto session this year? Yes, we came close enough to taste it. It may take one or two more passes thorugh the sausage making process, but it is bound to happen.
Let's regroup, dig in and keep pressing!!!

Very well said and I couldn't agree more..
MichaelChappell
Founders Club
County Coordinator
Piatt County
<b>Founders Club</b><br />County Coordinator<br><b>Piatt County</b>

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have an idea that I wish they would use. We all know that the Legislators from Chicago pushed the tax increase through, so that their pork wouldn't go away. So, I say that we use it against them.

I think that we should all call our reps in the House and tell them to play hard ball. If the Chicago Legislators want to keep their tax increase, then they have to give us conceal and carry. IF not, our legislators need to start the process to immediately repeal the tax increase until we get what we want. They want there pork money, then we want to be able to protect ourselves in public!!

I don't know if it would ever work, but it sounds like a sound plan to me!!

Gun Owner
Voter
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic